Referential Integrity not Defined?

The place for peer-to-peer support for VPM Enterprise 9.1, our latest framework.

Referential Integrity not Defined?

Postby wftdata » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:19 pm

Hi,

I'm using VPM 9.1 and creating a simple 1 to Many form using views using the VPM Builder. I defined the filters for Invoice_lv and Items_lv tables using ?PKValue and ?ParentPKValue on the Items FK. The ref. Integrity is defined in the DM. The form works fine adding parent records and showing Items in the grid associated with the Invoice. (Existing data in tables.) I can delete a row in the items grid BUT when I try to add a row (New Item), I get the error: 'A Record cannot be added. Referential Integrity has not been defined in the Data Manager for this table.' Been puzzled for a while. Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks,

Bill

* Just found out when I use a default Data Session this happens. Changed it back to a Private one and it worked! Don't know why. Could be a problem later as some of my forms I'm converting uses a DDS. Any reasons why?
Last edited by wftdata on Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wftdata

Re: Referential Integrity not Defined?

Postby stecenko » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:35 pm

For invoice_lv, do you have a tag on the primary key marked as VPM Primary?
Richard Stecenko
Interactive Computer Services Inc.
Victoria, British Columbia
stecenko

Re: Referential Integrity not Defined?

Postby wftdata » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:40 pm

Thanks Richard. I do have the correct tags. I just posted an update and it works now but don't know why. Playing with views and converting an app. Fun!!!

Bill
wftdata

Return to VPM Enterprise 9.1