Tool Bars: On Form - External

The place for peer-to-peer support for VPM Standard.

Tool Bars: On Form - External

Postby webglenn » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:18 am

Hi,
I am new to vpm I just want to ask where can I find the form control toolbars of vpm as shown below. I am using the standard edition. Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
webglenn

Re: Tool Bars: On Form - External

Postby Stephen Ibbs » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:57 am

They are classes in VPMFORMS, sub-classed to PROFORMS. Look for TOOLBAR_ALL etc.
Stephen Ibbs
Data Developments
Stephen Ibbs

Postby webglenn » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:08 pm

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the reply. However, where can I find this?
Stephen Ibbs wrote:Look for TOOLBAR_ALL etc.
Should I add this as an activex control like in visual foxpro?

VPM is a very great tool, able to build application in lesser time is so amazing. I really wanted to get the hang of this application tool. I've been reading the help file but I don't seem to find any topic on how to activate the vpm form control tool bars.

Best regards,
webglenn
webglenn

Postby Stephen Ibbs » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:19 am

If you open the Project Manager, click on the Classes tab and scroll down to find ProForms you should find the toolbars there.

The activation of the toolbars is automatic. As an example, create a new form based on the class FORM_TOOLBAR and then run it. You will see the toolbar appear at the top of the screen.

I have not used VPM Standard, but presumably the documentation includes the Tutorial walkthrough. Follow this and it shows how to design forms with the toolbar. Also look in the documentation for the sections 'Creating forms'.
Stephen Ibbs
Data Developments
Stephen Ibbs

Return to VPM Standard