VPME9.0 and MySQL

The place for peer-to-peer support for Visual ProMatrix versions older than VPME 9.1.

Re: VPME9.0 and MySQL

Postby stecenko » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:06 pm

You said it seems that there was something triggering a save. That's because there was a change to the curosr.

In the old days, pre-SQL, we often would create a cursor and, maybe in the refresh form method, write the result of a calculation into the cursor. The calculation was just for display, it was not a column in the table.

However, that's sufficient to trigger a save. When we were using DBFs the calculated field was ignored and no harm was done. But, in SQL, stuff happens before the engine realizes that it doesn't need to save that calculated column.
Richard Stecenko
Interactive Computer Services Inc.
Victoria, British Columbia
stecenko

Re: VPME9.0 and MySQL

Postby paulvaswani » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:05 pm

Yes, I'm sure you're right, that's what is happening. I just wouldn't expect it to cause the kind of issue I have been seeing. However, turning off transactions in the ODBC driver does seem to have resolved this and also fixed one or two other niggling bugs - I had places where grids were not refreshing correctly to reflect changes to child tables and that seems to have been fixed by this change as well.
Paul Vaswani
Data Developments
paulvaswani

Previous

Return to VPM - older versions