DIND_V.dbf does not exist

The place for peer-to-peer support for Visual ProMatrix versions older than VPME 9.1.

DIND_V.dbf does not exist

Postby mhoganid8 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:21 pm

Reinstalled VPM9 and opened existing project, and can run vpm and rebuild the project, but when I 'run application' I get the message "file f:\int\dind_v.dbf does not exist"

I tried deleting and undeleting the DD2_V and DIND_V records in the VPM and project data directories S(projectname)dind and SsysDIND tables as described in a message on the forums, but still cannot 'run application'.

I will try re-copying sys files from the running application - anything else I can do?
mhoganid8

Re: DIND_V.dbf does not exist

Postby stecenko » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:30 pm

Could you explain a bit more?

Is the error message really referring to...
f:\int\dind_v.dbf

Is your application in f:\int? Where is VPME90?

When you say you 'run the application', what do you mean are you running the exe or by clicking on Run Application in the Object Builder? Does anything happen when you run the application before you get the error, does the login screen come up? the splash screen?

DIND_V is a view in the System_V data container. Once a view is queried, it looks to VFP like a DBF. So I suspect that what happened is that you've put some code in a a default method such that it isn't opened. Therefore, when it is referenced, VFP complains it can't find the DBF.

What message in the forum are you referring to?
Richard Stecenko
Interactive Computer Services Inc.
Victoria, British Columbia
stecenko

Postby stecenko » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:50 am

Another question...

Do you get the error when you run the VSA? Because if you do then the problem is in your install of VPME, otherwise it's in your project.
Richard Stecenko
Interactive Computer Services Inc.
Victoria, British Columbia
stecenko

Postby Bob » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:34 pm

The DINV_V view is created in the oApp.openatstartup_pds method. So a place to start...

But the drive letter in the error message seems peculiar since these views would be created in a specific session and no path required. You might want to try VFP's Code references to search for the string f:\int\dind_v
Bob

Return to VPM - older versions