Audit Trail Problem

The place for peer-to-peer support for Visual ProMatrix versions older than VPME 9.1.

Audit Trail Problem

Postby wftdata » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:59 pm

Hi,

I have not used the Audit trail in VPM 6 for a while and I now need to activate it on an existing app. I have used it before on other apps without issues but for some dumb reason it will not work.

I have read the help over and over and did what it said to do....I checked the field (status) in the Data Manager, checked the audit box in Options. Recompliled the project over and over. I also checked the form to make sure it was not turned off. All I wish do do is track the status changes in the app and then report on it. It should be a simple task but....the Audit Table does not append any changes! Any suggestions? It is probably something I skipped but I am going crazy trying!

Thanks in advance.

Bill
wftdata

Re: Audit Trail Problem

Postby stecenko » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:39 pm

It's been a very long time since I used VPM6, so this might not be any help.

But in VPME 9, there are two places to turn on the Audit Trail: one place (Option, Admin Tools Selection) is for the audit trail when the app is running; the other (PM-Admin, Promatrix Security, Admin Tools) turns on/off audit trail when running forms in the development environment.

If there are these two places in VPM 6, maybe you are looking at the wrong one.
Richard Stecenko
Interactive Computer Services Inc.
Victoria, British Columbia
stecenko

Postby wftdata » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:41 pm

Thanks for the reply. VPM6 also has those two places to toggle the audit. I will check it again. Maybe the app it not recompiling the change. Any other suggestions by anyone would be helpful.

Thanks,

Bill
wftdata

Postby cti2 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:19 am

Bill: In VPM5 and VPM9 (I skipped all in-between) the data dictionary also has a AUDIT logical flag.
I have a prg that I run each time just before delivering my app. One of the many things it does is to set every one of these flags to .F. Example below:
--------------------
USE savmdd2 EXCL && set audit trail to .F.
REPLA ALL audit_trl WITH .F. FOR LEFT(file_name,4) # [SAVM]
----------------------
Hope this helps, Pete Ryder
cti2

Postby wftdata » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:34 am

Thanks Pete,

I have checked the audit box in the DD. I tried to trace what program it calls and I found it is supposed to call sXXXCri.prg, where the Audit update routine resides. My other app that use Audit calls this but this app will not call it. This is really driving me crazy! I even tried another form and table with the same results. It is probably something simple but I draw a blank. Hope someone out there can ID the problem.

Thanks,

Bill
wftdata

Postby Bob » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:15 am

Be sure the audittrail method in the proapp.app class is inheriting correctly... eg it should say inherited from vpm.app in the project manager. If you have code there, be sure it calls the default method with the proper parameters.
Bob

Postby wftdata » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:11 pm

Bob,

Thanks for the suggestion. I am using VPM6 and cannot find the audittrail method in the ProApp class. I understand the issue if I bypass the VPM class. The only reference I found for the Audit Trail was in the sXXXCri.prg. Do you know exactly where the audit method you are talking about is located?

Thanks,

Bill
wftdata

Postby wftdata » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:12 pm

Update:

I was testing for the Audit changes in the Status field. That did not work! I found out that the NEW and DELETE audits did work. I checked the forms NoChangeAuditTrail property and it was .F.
It seems that it will not audit changes. The Status field is CHECKED in the DD.

Any other suggestions.

Thanks.
wftdata

Postby mhoganid8 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:48 pm

I'm having the same problem in VPME 9. Audit is enabled in the DD and also in the Options/Admin Tools Selection.

I've inherited this application... but now need to enable it for one particular table.

TIA
mhoganid8

Return to VPM - older versions