VPME 8 - Menu is read only (suddenly)

The place for peer-to-peer support for Visual ProMatrix versions older than VPME 9.1.

VPME 8 - Menu is read only (suddenly)

Postby kiernan7 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:05 pm

I modified a menu and then a little while later, when I clicked on my main menu via the Menu Builder, it says the menu is read-only and cannot be modified.

I tried restore previous versions of the "fmnu" and "smnu" tables to no avail.

What the #$^*%@ happened?

Thanks in advance!

-- John Kiernan
kiernan7

Re: VPME 8 - Menu is read only (suddenly)

Postby Bob » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:51 am

Something to try ... look in the menu folder and move any menu whose filename ends in 0 (number zer0) to a safe location. Then try the menu builder.
Bob

Postby kiernan7 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:42 pm

Thanks for the suggestion... and I think you're onto something, but the fix did not work.

I removed the "zero" records (all of the sgatfman.m?? records -- 'sgat' is the project). However, they reappear as soon as I relaunch VPME and open the project. I even tried removing the sgatfman menu from the project temporarily. When I did and exited the program and re-entered, the "zero" records were back and the sgatfman wasn't even in the project!!!

Help! This one is driving me crazy. I'm guessing I must have bombed at just the right time to cause me my project to think the menu is in the process of being edited -- or something like that.

Somebody? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help!

-- John Kiernan
kiernan7

Postby Bob » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:52 pm

That's a surprise ... I would have guessed that you would need to rebuild the menu's or app the get those deleted files to reappear. You might try opening the project, then exit to FoxPro and open the menus in VFP.
Bob

Return to VPM - older versions