Related Forms Doesn't Work in VPM 9.0

The place for peer-to-peer support for VPM Enterprise 9.1, our latest framework.

Related Forms Doesn't Work in VPM 9.0

Postby wftdata » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:17 pm

Hi,

I found after converting an app from VPM6 to VPM9 the related forms doesn't work. I checked the indexes, the Form_Toolbar Class for lridisable and the Data Manager to make sure it was correct. It used to have the Parent displayed and when the child form is displayed it would sink to the record associated with the field in VPM6. I didn't change anything when converting, just used the update program and updated the variables as per the instructions.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bill
wftdata

Re: Related Forms Doesn't Work in VPM 9.0

Postby Bob » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:37 am

Look at lrfdisable (not lridisable). Should be .f. of course.

The be sure that the forms you are looking at are inheriting from the parent class. On the property sheet, the relatedforms methods should show the [Inherited form_toolbar c:\vpme9\vpmforms.vcx] Your path to the vcx may be different. If any say Custom, there may be code that overrides the default behavior.
Bob

Postby wftdata » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:18 am

Thanks again Bob. I did check all that..

I just converted the working system to VPM9.0. Nothing else was changed. It seems a lot of issues in the conversion. Very frustrating. The Form is based on the Related Pages and Form_Toobar class which the VPM User guide says it should. It has a Defendant No on the form and when the Defendants Maintenance Table Form is displayed, it should sync with it and display the associated record. It did under VPM6.0. The Defendant No has referential Integrity set in the DM.
???

Bill
wftdata

Postby Gerhard Schmidbauer » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:49 am

Did you convert your to VPM7 first? A direct conversion from VPM6 to VPM9 is not possible.

Gerrhard

wftdata wrote:Hi,

I found after converting an app from VPM6 to VPM9 the related forms doesn't work. I checked the indexes, the Form_Toolbar Class for lridisable and the Data Manager to make sure it was correct. It used to have the Parent displayed and when the child form is displayed it would sink to the record associated with the field in VPM6. I didn't change anything when converting, just used the update program and updated the variables as per the instructions.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bill
Gerhard Schmidbauer
URANUS Software GmbH
Germany
Gerhard Schmidbauer

Postby wftdata » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:24 am

According to Promatrix you can go from vpm6 to vpm 9.0.
wftdata

Postby Bob » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:56 am

It is frustrating ... I did a 5 to 9 conversion, but was able to step through each intermediate version and debug along the way. Still took two weeks...

The related forms methods make heavy use of PK and FK values, so these worth a check of field type, size, index tag expression, and a full Reindex on your ISAs.

It occurred to me that the structure of the VPM system DBCs and DBFs may have changed. have you looked at these?
Bob

Postby wftdata » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:17 am

Bob,

I think you're right. Just can't find the issue. I think in the next week I'll try and rebuild the RI and indexes and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Bill
wftdata

Postby Gerhard Schmidbauer » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:52 am

wftdata wrote:According to Promatrix you can go from vpm6 to vpm 9.0.

Sorry, I refered to my docs for "Converting a Previous Version VPM Application to VPME 9._1_":
"When you upgrade to VPM Enterprise 9.1, you can easily convert a VPM Enterprise 7.0 or later or VPM Standard
7.0 or later project (the “old” project) to a VPM Enterprise 9.1 project (the “new” project) by taking the following
steps: ..."

Did not realise, that 9.0 is still available.

Gerhard
Gerhard Schmidbauer
URANUS Software GmbH
Germany
Gerhard Schmidbauer

Return to VPM Enterprise 9.1