Right to Left Languages

The place for users to ask questions and make suggestions related to the ProMatrix Forums operation and organization.

Right to Left Languages

Postby azzamahmad » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:10 pm

Dear ProMatrix Professionals,

I wonder if ProMatrix supports right to left languages like Arabic. I am looking forward building a new project in Arabic Language as well as in English.

Your valued reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards.

Azzam
azzamahmad

Re: Right to Left Languages

Postby JoeLawson » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:18 pm

Hi Azzam,

I'm embarrassed to tell you that I cannot give you a 100% accurate answer to this question, and I don't want to give you an answer that would mislead you.

I do know that we have sold VPM Enterprise to developers in Arab-speaking countries who expressed an intent to use VPME for creating applications for use in their countries. However, I have never followed up with those developers to verify their success. I can tell you that we have never had any such developers tell us that they couldn't use VPME with a right to left language, but that doesn't guarantee 100% that they had success.

A VPME app is 100% Visual FoxPro. So, if VFP can be used to create apps for right to left languages, VPME should be able to do that.

Post your question in the VPM Enterprise 9.1 forum. It's more likely to be seen there by ProMatrix users from countries that need right to left functionality.

Also, you can download the VPME 9.1 Demo and try out the multilingual capability for yourself. You'll need to spend some time learning how the VPME multilingual functionality works, but it's a straight-forward approach.
Best,

Joe Lawson
ProMatrix
JoeLawson

Postby azzamahmad » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:02 am

Hi Jeo,

I am very thankful for the valued reply. I'd like to inform you that I already purchased VPM 9.11 and Video trainings.You gave me a very useful hint here "A VPME app is 100% Visual FoxPro. So, if VFP can be used to create apps for right to left languages, VPME should be able to do that." I found this link from Microsoft which might help in solving my problem :http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/msdn/VisualFoxPro.aspx

I will also post my question in " the VPM Enterprise 9.1 forum" as you advised.

Thanks & Best Regards.

Azzam
azzamahmad

Postby JoeLawson » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:25 pm

Hi Azzam,

Please be sure to let me know what you find.
Best,

Joe Lawson
ProMatrix
JoeLawson

Return to ProMatrix Forums User Questions / Suggestions