two executes in one project

The place for users to ask questions and make suggestions related to the ProMatrix Forums operation and organization.

two executes in one project

Postby jporrata » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:12 pm

Hi,

Is there anyway I can have two executes within one promatrix project?

What I would like to have is the ability to have two different programs (Modules) that use the same Databases being able to transfer information between each other besides having just one security module.
I know two project can share those files but I find that two complicate to deploy and develop.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks for any help!
Javier Porrata
jporrata

Re: two executes in one project

Postby stecenko » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:21 am

You can do it with SQL. All your data and most of the meta-data is in the SQL engine. Then you can have two projects each in their own development folder; each development folder has a duplicate of the data dictionary VPME tables.

At your client you have two folders each with its own exe and its own data folder in which would be the data dictionary and the tables update by the security builder.

I haven't actually done this, but I think it would work.

You could do it with DBFs if you made one of the projects the master and the other the slave. You would make all the changes in the data folder in the master and then copy the data folder to the slave. At your client's location you would install the master and then dump the slave exe into the same folder. But the problem would be the security tables.
Richard Stecenko
Interactive Computer Services Inc.
Victoria, British Columbia
stecenko

Re: two executes in one project

Postby ChuckASI » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:35 pm

Look in the documentation for "sharing". You can share the data manager from one project to the other. However, the security is a different animal, they don't have sharing of the security tables.
Chuck Prickett
Associated Systems, Inc.
chuckp@associatedsys.com
ChuckASI

Return to ProMatrix Forums User Questions / Suggestions