Mysql Database Indexes

The place for peer-to-peer support for developing client-server applications with VPME 9.1.

Mysql Database Indexes

Postby icdev » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:59 pm

Hello,

I have a mysql database, and am adding it into the cursoradapter libraries in Data Builder... it brings in all the fields but not the tags (indexes) ... I must be missing a step somewhere.

any tips?

Thanks,
Steve
icdev

Re: Mysql Database Indexes

Postby icdev » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:38 pm

I can create these tag(s) manually - is this the preferred method?

Also, in the data environment the cursor adapters do not show the index fields created in the data manager.

Any tips would be helpful.

-Steve

PS: these question may already be answered in the old forums data - if it was still available. :cry:
icdev

Re: Mysql Database Indexes

Postby icdev » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:07 am

ok, I have my parent and child table showing the correct data and relates correctly using the filters ParentPKValue on a parent - child form.

I can add records to the child table, and the parent form is controller by the toolbar correctly, but when I delete a record in the child table all child records get deleted that correspond to the parent record - the parent record is not deleted - so the delete is working on the correct table, but the sql for the delete must be to broad.

Is there a function that shows me what the sql statement looks like for the delete?
Even if I submit a specific delete such as
DELETE FROM mychildtable where order_number = parentable.order_number and mychildtable = childtable.line_number

this DELETE works correctly during debug, but triggers the form delete function and still deletes all the child records with order_number

I am converting a program that was using standard vfp tables to cursoradapters linked to a mysql database through and odbc connector.

Maybe I missed a setting somewhere, or my filters are still not specific enough....any tips appreciated
icdev

Return to VPM Enterprise 9.1 - Client Server