Cursor Adapter Questions

The place for peer-to-peer support for developing client-server applications with VPME 9.1.

Cursor Adapter Questions

Postby Abbas » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:03 am

Just created a form based on cursoradapter and the form is displaying and adding data correctly. Following is not working:

(1) Browse button on the databuilder does not browse. No error message is displayed.

(2) Toolbar List Builder can't open the table. So it does not work. The builder fails on
Code: Select all
Thisform.oVpmDataHander.OpenTable
line.

How come the form builder can open the table and build the form but Toolbar List Builder fails?

Edit:
Using ODBC/DSN (instead of ADO/Connectionstring) it works!
Seems like the builder somehow does not work with ADO.

Thanks
Last edited by Abbas on Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abbas

Re: Cursor Adapter Questions

Postby Abbas » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:09 pm

Thanks
Last edited by Abbas on Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abbas

Candidate Key View - Another Limitation

Postby Abbas » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:37 am

For Candidate Key functionality to work, you need to specify a view for candidate key validation. Why not a cursoradapter instead of VIEW? It means I will have to use ODBC and I can't create a pure ADO based solution. If this is the case, then why should I use cursoradapters?

Is there a way to overcome this limitation? Is there a workaround for using a cursoradapter instead of VIEW for candidate key validation?
Abbas

Cursoradapter Filters Does not Work WITH PK_AUTOINC

Postby Abbas » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:31 pm

Find form does not work if I use the following sql statement:
SELECT ProductID as PK_AUTOINC, Name, Rate
FROM Product
WHERE ProductID <= ?PKValue_nMax and ProductID >= ?PKValue_nMin AND Name Like ?FINDNAME

The workaround is to include the primary key column twice. Once for PK_AUTOINC functionality to work and once for vpm filters to work. So the following SQL works:

SELECT ProductID as PK_AUTOINC, Name, Rate, ProductID
FROM Product
WHERE ProductID <= ?PKValue_nMax and ProductID >= ?PKValue_nMin AND Name Like ?FINDNAME

Please let me know if there is some decent solution? Is there something I am misssing?
Abbas

Return to VPM Enterprise 9.1 - Client Server