How can we print "128" bar code?

The place to discuss FoxPro issues not directly related to ProMatrix.

How can we print "128" bar code?

Postby jansmith » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:15 pm

Hi to all,

A client needs to print a 128 bar code.

Can anyone tell me what software I need?

Thanks,

jan
jansmith

Re: How can we print "128" bar code?

Postby cti2 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:06 am

Think about barcodes just like fonts.
Whatever you can do in M$ Word you can do in VFP so start out practicing in M$ word.
o You would need to install a 128 font. Buy it or look for google for free Windows Fonts. End user needs to install this font on any machine the need to print on.
o study up on the syntax of the barcode. Some barcodes such as 3of9 require a preamble and a postamble to work properly.
o Just because what you print - looks like a barcode - it doesnt mean it will scan properly.
o To test properly you need to buy or borrow a scanner.
I've only used 3of9 so this is how I work it in VFP. I don't know the syntax of 128 but it may be similar.
3of9 requires asterisks as the preamble and postamble with the contents between them. So to test in M$ Word i would leave the font as Arial lets say, Then I type in *123456*, then I select the whole thing and change the font to 3of9, print it out and scan it back in and you should get 123456 because is swallows the ambles.
Once you have the above tests done you can test in VFP. During printing you need to take your text contents and add the ambles like this [*]+ALLT(YourFieldofInformation)+[*] then this is what gets printed.
HTH, Pete Ryder
cti2

Re: How can we print "128" bar code?

Postby stecenko » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:01 pm

There are free 3 of 9 bar code fonts. Are they worth using?

Or are they just bait and switch?
Richard Stecenko
Interactive Computer Services Inc.
Victoria, British Columbia
stecenko

Return to Visual FoxPro