Excel 2010

The place to discuss and announce issues that don't relate directly to ProMatrix, but that are of interest to ProMatrix users. Feel free to use the Chatter forum as you like (as long as your use is in good taste).

Excel 2010

Postby stecenko » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:06 pm

Hi,

I have an application that was working just fine. And the client goes and upgrades to Office 2010. Now it doesn't.

It's a simple application: I open an Excel file, stuff some values into it, and do a save as to the MyDocuments folder.

And the system hangs some place during this.

I've told the client that I'll upgrade my system to Office 2010 and try to figure out what isn't working.

But, before I even start working on this, I'm asking here if any one has had any problems with Office Automation in 2010.
Richard Stecenko
Interactive Computer Services Inc.
Victoria, British Columbia
stecenko

Re: Excel 2010

Postby Bob » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:50 am

There are changes to the Office object model in each new release .... usually you get a syntax error message.

I've worked a lot with Excel and most changes I've seen are in the graphics object. I usually test by making the Excel object visible as soon as it is instantiated, then watch the data move. You can set up the Excel object reference from the command line and do a lot of testing from the command line.

Looking over my code, which works in Office 2003, 2007 and 2010, I did not see any changes when simply adding values or formulas to cells. However, I remember issues in some forums that automation did not seem to work in the 'cloud' version, Office 360. (Perhpas the 360 means it's down 5 days a year, 6 in a leap year?)

Anyway ... since you don't have Office 2010, I could run some of yuor code if you wish.
Bob

Return to Chatter