VFP5 with VPME on WIndows10

The place to discuss and announce issues that don't relate directly to ProMatrix, but that are of interest to ProMatrix users. Feel free to use the Chatter forum as you like (as long as your use is in good taste).

VFP5 with VPME on WIndows10

Postby btiguy » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:26 pm

I have two computers with Windows10. On one of them, the create exe bombs out, but not on the other computer. I have copied the one that works onto the computer that bombs out and it still bombs out. Is anyone else having a problem with this? The application is old (VFP50) with VPME 9.1.12. THe issue seems to be related to the menu. IF I exclude the menu from the project, the exe is created. I have tried with creating a new shell menu and added that menu to the project and then it bombs out.
TIA
Don
btiguy

Re: VFP5 with VPME on WIndows10

Postby cti2 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:08 pm

I have tried VFP5/VPM5 and VFP9/VPM9 apps on Win10
I had trouble with the VFP5 apps -- but not the VFP9 apps which seemed to work fine.
In general, I don't care for Win10 (especially the Win7->Win10 upgrade) which seemed to be quite a bit slower in all aspects / than the same machine on Win7.
I have not tried a machine with a fresh install of Win10.
Pete Ryder
cti2

Re: VFP5 with VPME on WIndows10

Postby btiguy » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:56 pm

I generally never go the upgrade route. I just installed an SSD drive and it's great with VFP and VPME. Compiling is VERY FAST.

I think I had a path problem that was causing the failure and the one computer didn't like it. Thanx for your input.
TIA
Don
btiguy

Return to Chatter